Mould, Bacteria and Fungi in the Workplace
Exposure to mould spores from fungi can affect your employees.
The most common responses are sinus congestion, runny nose, sneezing and skin rashes. However some moulds can produce toxins that can have serious effects on our health when ingested, inhaled or after skin contact.
Mold spores can be airborne, and get indoors through doors, windows or cracks and crevices. High moisture (above 70% relative humidity) in a building will invariably lead to mould, mildew or other microbial growth. This growth basically requires four things: a nutrient source (found in most building materials), proper temperature (usually found indoors), mould spores and water. Almost without exception, buildings with mould problems have usually had chronic water and moisture problems.
If you have ongoing problems with mould Mairin can undertake an assessment of the nature and levels of airborne micro-organisms and offer advice on how to correctly treat the problems.
Give us a call on 03 5127 2311 to find out more about our services.